Thursday, June 12, 2008

Seattle Area Golfing Options


Many of my friends have called or emailed asking for a Seattle-area referral for a golfing experience. I wasn’t sure if their game was refined enough for a private course or if they were “hackers” like me looking for a public course!


Regardless, I have identified five public courses that I would play if I had to; five private courses that I would play if any of my “well-healed” friends would invite me; and five of my favorite courses that you really should look into. These usually mean courses that are free of distractions like homes, BBQ’s or rude marshals.


Public Courses: Transportation will be needed. All take less than one hour to get to.













Private Courses: If you can get a tee time, each are within 30 minutes of downtown.













My favorites: Two are inside of an hour the others --*plan on a drive!


1. Druid’s Glen---short, picturesque


2. Gold Mountain*---two courses to pick from. Some water.


3. McCormick Woods*---nature at its finest.


4. Washington National*---home of the Washington Huskies.


5. The Club at Newcastle---best views of Seattle. Maybe the most expensive. My favorite for out-of-town guests. Two courses to choose from. Ask the pro.


Visit this site for driving directions and more information: http://www.seattlegolfguide.com/.

As LAC co-chair I am offering this blog posting for those of you who will be in Seattle on Monday, Tuesday or early Wednesday and looking for something to do other than shopping at Nordstrom’s!

The pre-conference sessions are fantastic. If you are low handicapper, well go ahead and golf. If you are a 20+ handicapper you need more practice so get back in to the education sessions you were going to miss!



See you in September,
Mike Willis
LAC Co-Chair
Director of College Counseling
Bellarmine Preparatory School
Tacoma, Washington