The conference is just about seven weeks away and I just started my “NACAC 2008” folder. So far, it’s only got two things in it – my e-ticket to Seattle and my invitation to the NACAC Leaders and Donors Reception (Go, Imagine Fund!) – but I’m getting ready to fill it up with:
- My registration confirmation e-mail (when it arrives in mid-September)
- Information about my state/regional meeting
- Handouts: NACAC’s going green by not printing handouts for the sessions, but I will download the ones I need before I head out to Seattle
- My hotel confirmation (even though there’s still space at many conference hotels)
- Vendor and Exhibitor information: Keeping the postcards in one place helps me remember events and booth locations
- A copy of the conference schedule – highlighted and with post-its --
- My conference badge: Like everyone who is registered for the conference by August 5, I will receive my registration materials and my badge by mail (don’t forget to update your address at http://www.nacacnet.org/ and by email email@example.com if you’ve moved and your badge needs to be updated).
They won’t fit in my folder, but I’m also bringing a water bottle (for filling at the conference’s many water stations), my business cards and comfortable shoes.
See you in Seattle!